Let me admit, I devour fishes. Some may say that they do not like the smell but for me, it is the most appetizing smell when someone is frying fishes. I just love them. But when it comes to my favorite fish recipe, nothing can beat this awesome fish in the coriander-mustard sauce recipe. It is an easy to cook recipe and does not involve much time. As half of the recipe’s work can be done ahead and can be kept in the freezer, this can be a suitable meal in busy weekdays. And the recipe is suitable for microwave cooking and that means you can set it in the oven and take a power nap before the dinner or can cook it while you are setting up the dining table. Here is a recipe for busy moms and dads who want to cook something special for their families in busy days. A simple recipe to cook fish with coriander & mustard sauce in the microwave oven.
Fish with Coriander-Mustard Sauce in Microwave Oven
The recipe is easy and can be cooked with any fish. I, however, have used chitol fish in this particular dish. Chitol or Indian Featherback/ Clown Knifefish (Chitala chitala) is a native fish species to South East Asia and easily available in Ganga and Brahmaputra river basins. The fish is full of thorns but its flavour is so good that chitol is considered a delicacy in both India and Bangladesh. This fish is full of vital vitamins and minerals.
While preparing the sauce, I have used both coriander and long corianders to intensify the fragrance. The sauce can be made in batches and kept in freezer, so you need not to worry about your time every time you want to have this delicious fish recipe.
Pictorial Guide to Cook Fish with Coriander-Mustard Sauce in Microwave Oven
- Fish of your choice, cut and cleaned.
- 50 grams Coriander leaves with stems.
- 10-12 small cloves of garlic.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mustard paste.
- Green chilies (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw mustard oil.
- Salt according to taste.
- Fry the fishes in mustard oil with little salt and a pinch of turmeric.
- Make paste of coriander leaves, garlics, onions and chilies.
- Now, take a microwave compatible bowl and pour the two tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Add the musatrd paste covering every inch of the bowl.
- Add the fishes.
- Now cover the fishes with the coriander paste.
- Add water till the fishes submerge and salt according to your taste.
- Cook it in a microwave at high for 8 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and serve hot.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves!